How to Save On and Improve Your Product Photography
A picture, as the old saying goes, is worth a thousand words. Turns out it can also be worth a huge chunk of your budget, too.
It's generally accepted that high-quality product photography is a must if you intend to succeed in the hypercompetitive world of e-commerce.
There's just one problem.
Product photography is simultaneously extremely time-consuming and prohibitively expensive. Consider, for example, how much goes into getting high-quality lifestyle photos for a single product:
- You need to hire a commercial photographer. That can cost anywhere from $100-$300 an hour.
- If you lack a venue for the photoshoot, you may also need to rent one. That's another $500 per hour if you're lucky.
- You'll also need a crew to manage your set, including costuming, props, and products. That’s another $15 per hour for each crew member.
- You'll need models, too — another $150-$200 per hour for each model.
- You'll likely want to engage your marketing team so you can brainstorm the best way to present your products to prospective buyers.
Now imagine having to schedule a new photoshoot every time you update your product portfolio. Even with a relatively small product catalog, that's a logistical nightmare. And bear in mind that you're putting in all this time, effort, and capital for what ultimately amounts to a series of non-interactive static images.
That doesn't exactly sound cost-effective, does it? What if, instead of running yourself ragged playing catch-up with your growing product portfolio, you could simply generate new lifestyle imagery without additional photoshoots? And what if, in addition to that dynamic image generation, you could also give shoppers the opportunity to see how your products looked in their space or on themselves?
With Tangiblee, you can do all of that — and at a fraction of what it would cost to provide product images.
A smarter way to handle product photography
With Tangiblee, you can take two-dimensional assets directly from your website and use them to create on-model lifestyle imagery. We have a huge library of images to choose from, with a ton of different settings, models, and environments. If you'd rather provide your own model imagery, we can accommodate that as well.
Leveraging sophisticated AI technology, we're able to realistically place a product on a model without the lag or time commitment required for product photography. We can also help you provide an extra layer of interactivity with our virtual try-on and adjustable silhouette model features.
For the former, customers can view products such as handbags and luggage on an interactive adjustable model with sliders that allow them to adjust both the height and size of the model. The end result is a better shopping experience, ultimately leading to improved buyer confidence and more sales while promoting inclusivity for your shoppers.
Believe it or not, dynamic product photography is actually one of Tangiblee’s basic features — there's a great deal more you can do with our solutions, including:
- What Fits Inside (WFI): This feature allows customers to visualize what kind of products will fit inside a handbag or piece of luggage prior to purchase.
- Compare To: Accurately communicate product size by allowing customers to put them side-by-side with a range of common household items (or with other products in your catalog).
- Virtual Try-On: Leverage web-based augmented reality that allows customers to visualize your products directly on themselves rather than on a model, with full support for product stacking and multi-SKU bundling.
- Virtual Room Design: By combining your product imagery with our lifestyle content, you can generate a fully interactive experience which allows customers to create, customize, and stage an entire virtual room. Better yet, they can share and save the spaces they create to either consult with friends and family or plan for a future purchase.
Best of all, the only thing you need to access all of these features is a single line of code on your website. We've designed our solutions to be as unobtrusive and resource-light as possible. After all, there's no point in installing a customer experience solution if the act of doing so impedes the customer experience.
Be picture perfect with Tangiblee
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. But that doesn't mean it also needs to cost a thousand dollars. With Tangiblee, you can not only slash costs associated with professional photography, but also provide more compelling, interactive, and dynamic imagery for your store.
In other words, you can simultaneously save money and improve sales — all with just a few clicks.
Contact us today for a 15 minute live demo, and see just how much Tangiblee can do for you.